SAVOURY BEANS FLOUR CAKE WITH HERBS
WHAT YOU NEED
- Beans flour, 80g
- Vegetable oil, 30g - Palm oil, Olive oil, Sunflower seed oil, Avocado oil etc.
- Plain yoghurt, 50g (optional)
- Milk – dairy or legume milk drink, 30g - 50g
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon, as well as other seasoning to taste
- Scent leaves, Ugu leaves or other herbs like Dill, 5g
- Baking powder, 4g, and /or Bicarbonate of Soda, 4g
- 1 whole egg (optional)
- Pre-cooked and seasoned Salmon flakes (or any filling of your choice), 100g
- Black Pepper, ¼ table spoon to taste (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients - beans flour, salt, baking powder, salt and/or bicarbonate of soda, as well as seasoning like cinnamon, pepper.
- Mix all the wet ingredients - milk, vegetable oil. If non-vegan, add the eggs and yoghurt also. Whisk the mixture together thoroughly until you have a nice creamy mix. Alternatively, you can blend all these ingredients together in a food processor for a fine smooth batter.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly till you have a fine batter. Depending on how moist you want your cake, you can add a little more milk or oil to have a flowing but thick batter.
- Add your herbs and if non-vegan, add fish flakes and grated cheese and mix to have them evenly spread out in the batter.
- Prepare your baking tin - grease or line with parchment paper. Also, preheat your oven heat at 180 degrees for about 8 mins.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 40 - 50 mins until the cake is set.
- Serve with a side of salad and enjoy.