GLUTEN FREE GREEN PLANTAIN FLOUR MARBLE CAKE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE FROSTING
Let's get started on a sweet note, now shall we... with our spongy plantain flour marble cake.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Plantain flour by Oh!NG, 120g
- Vegetable oil, 30g - olive oil, sunflower seed oil, avocado oil etc.
- Peanut butter, 30g (optional)
- Ripe bananas, 3 fingers (optional, can replace Eggs for Vegan option)
- Plain yoghurt, 50g (optional)
- Milk – dairy or legume milk drink, 30g- 50g
- Pinch of salt & nutmeg
- Baking powder, 4g, and /or Bicarbonate of Soda, 4g
- Two whole eggs (optional)
- Cocoa powder, 30g
- Vanilla Essence, 1 table spoon
- Sugar, 10g (optional)
- Dark Chocolate, 30g
- Mix all dry ingredients - plantain flour, salt, nutmeg, baking powder, sugar, and/or bicarbonate of soda – except the Cocoa powder.
- If using bananas, mash them and mix with milk, vegetable oil, vanilla essence. If non-vegan, add the eggs and yoghurt also. Whisk the mixture together thoroughly until you have a nice creamy mix.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly till you have a fine batter. Depending on how moist you want your cake, you can add a little more milk to have a flowing but thick batter.
- Divide your batter into two portions. In one of them, add the cocoa powder and mix thoroughly.
- Prepare your baking tin - grease or line with parchment paper. Also, preheat your oven heat at 180 degrees for about 8 mins.
- Pour the two batters in the baking tin intermittently and then use a table knife to swirl through right in the middle once for a lovely swirl like pattern. Be careful not to mix the batter up.
- Put in the oven and bake at 180 degrees for about 40 - 50 mins until the cake is set. Let the cake cool.
- Melt your dark chocolate bar and spread over the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake to set the chocolate topping.
- Serve and enjoy.